Prayer: Forging a Relationship with G-d
Why should we pray? Does not the omniscient G-d know best what we need, regardless of whether we ask for it or not? What is the prayer structure and how does it allow for creative, personal prayer? What is the role of communal prayer and how does it differ from individual prayer? What factors strengthen and elevate our prayers, as well as affect G-d’s response to them?
What are blessings and how are they constructed, conferred and received?
In this five-lesson “Introduction to Prayers and Blessings” course, we will explore a portion of the voluminous material on the subjects of prayer and blessings. Our goal is to introduce the reader to some of the operative principles that are part of meaningful engagement in prayer and blessings.
The subjects of the five course lessons are:
- Lesson One: Prayer as it establishes and deepens a direct relationship with G-d. Login Here To Download Lecture
- Lesson Two: Exploring deep-seated beliefs that inspire prayer and various ways in which G-d responds to our prayers. Login Here To Download Lecture
- Lesson Three: A general look at prayer structures, including prayer texts. Login Here To Download Lecture
- Lesson Four: Survey of key elements of prayer: attitude, kavanah (focused intent), location, position, timing, etc. Login Here To Download Lecture
- Lesson Five: Components of blessings and how they are granted and received. Login Here To Download Lecture